VP - Head of People & Culture
Mountain View, CA /
Cape Analytics provides instant property intelligence for buildings across the United States. Cape Analytics enables insurers and other property stakeholders to access valuable property attributes at time of underwriting, with the accuracy and detail that traditionally required an on-site inspection, but with the speed and coverage of property record pre-fill. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers and is comprised of computer vision, data science, and risk analysis experts.
Cape Analytics is looking to hire a Head of People Operations to provide executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s HR operations. The role is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
You will set the vision, the goals, and provide subject-matter expertise and direction to develop a self-sufficient and standalone People & Culture operations function at Cape.
You have to be passionate about building a high value organization that is driven, enabled, and promotes a culture of excellence.
What you will do
- Own and drive all aspects related to:
- Organizational Development, Design, and Effectiveness
- Company Culture, Employee Engagement &
- Retention, Talent Acquisition & Workforce Management
- Learning & Development
- Compensation Management
- Work environment, health and safety
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Social Responsibility
- Collaborate with leadership to define Cape’s long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent management
- Identify key performance indicators for HR and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics
- Define and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs as needed
- Provide guidance and leadership to HR team and organization in-general; assist with resolution of general personnel matter, compensation, benefits, concerns, and issues
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements as applicable regionally
- Define and drive global practices and policies related to health and safety with special focus on COVID-19 related items
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management. Work with company general counsel and external labor/employment law resources as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- As our Head of People Operations your role will enable Cape to design and operationalize the HR function in a cohesive and focused way by utilizing your expertise and hands-on management of personnel and processes.
- You will assess and align the company’s strategy as related to its workforce, define the HR organizations strengths and weaknesses, and make recommendations and adjustments as necessary to help us achieve our goals.
- A proven sense of ownership when it comes to all things related to executing the company’s People Operations
- Proven experience as a leader in HR in fast growing tech startups
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Expert knowledge of HR functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with HRIS (we use BambooHR) and other performance management systems
- Proficient in ATS systems (we use Lever)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Ability to create, analyze and explain metrics for assessing various workforce related initiatives such as driving recruitment efforts, evaluating success and monitoring effectiveness
- Proficient in several different ATS, Lever experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree highly preferred
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and organizational development experience highly preferred
- Hands-on experience building from scratch or enhancing existing HR functions in dynamics settings is a must
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
Within 1 month, you will…Contextualize and understand the landscape of the company, absorb its needs, current capabilities, and gaps. Define an action plan and necessary steps to close gaps.
Within 3 months you will…Fine-tune the talent acquisition function as needed to effectively manage the company’s headcount plan. Assess the effectiveness of and develop action plans to improve the company’s approach to organizational design; feedback and reviews, behaviors and culture, retention and career management, compensation and benefits.
Within 6 months you will…Operationalize the above fundamental dimensions efficiently and effectively based on successful assessment and planning already in-hand.
Begin the journey of applying best practices to all aspects of HR in a calculated and effective manner, managing through change as the organization scales in depth and breadth.
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***