Senior Product Marketing Manager
Mountain View, CA /
Cape Analytics provides instant property intelligence for buildings across the United States. Cape Analytics enables insurers and other property stakeholders to access valuable property attributes at time of underwriting, with the accuracy and detail that traditionally required an on-site inspection, but with the speed and coverage of property record pre-fill. Founded in 2014, Cape Analytics is backed by leading venture firms and innovative insurers and is comprised of computer vision, data science, and risk analysis experts.
Lead Cape’s go to market (GTM) for all Cape products, including pricing and packaging, customer stakeholder use case, workflow definition, marketing channel strategy, and launch tools and process. Work cross-functionally across Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams to define, propose, and execute GTM plans.
• Conduct consultative quantitative pricing analysis, ROI modeling, and benchmarking.
• Develop and deliver compelling, highly narrative and engaging business case presentations to senior, including C-level, business audiences.
• Establish processes for planning, tracking, and executing product launches.
Work with our Marketing team to craft impactful product positioning and key messages that resonate with our insurance and real estate customers.
• Clearly communicate product value to customers via targeted account development, product positioning, and sales narratives.
• Roll product communications into tightly-defined value frameworks that align with product packaging.
• Gain insights from pre-launch beta adoption via customer interviews and use findings to make messaging and positioning recommendations and identify gaps in product readiness.
Work with our Sales and Customer Success teams to make sure they’re aligned on product launches, customer-driven sales narratives, key user benefits, and pricing.
• Facilitate and train our Sales and Customer Success teams on new products, key features, and key benefits, and provide them with the materials they need prior to launch (product marketing briefs, customer use case statements, etc.).
• Develop internal tools, such as ROI calculators, that can be used by the Customer Success and Sales teams to increase sales productivity.
• Create highly targeted content for our end-customers and sales team (presentation slides, white papers, and product explainer videos).
The Product Marketing Manager role will have an immediate impact on Cape’s ability to grow sustainably -- you’ll be the communications glue between a number of key teams, including Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and storytelling skills; ability to translate complex concepts into engaging messages.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working with B2B technical products and distilling them into business use cases.
- Ability to run quantitative pricing analyses.
- Interest in applying first principles thinking to product benefits and packaging.
- 2-4 years in a product marketing role at a high growth company MBA and insurance industry experience preferred.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Onboard and meet all the key stakeholders you’ll be working with, across the Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Understand current processes and materials, while working with your teammates on early content creation wins that the Sales team can use immediately.
- Jump into client meetings and work with our Customer Success team to understand what data our customers are taking advantage of, and how they’re using it to improve their business.
- Look at the current launch roadmap and begin to sketch out the needs for each launch and prioritize activities in conjunction with your Product and Marketing team members.
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Lead the sales enablement and GTM processes at Cape.
- Have jumped on dozens of customer calls and be able to articulate how and why customers are using Cape products today.
- Be versed in insurance and real estate industry jargon.
- Establish and socialize an improved organizational process to bring products to market, including translating new products into sales narratives, creating sales and marketing materials, and socializing these internally.
- Begin creating shorter form market-facing collateral (tear sheets, customer decks) and internal sales enablement materials (customer messaging, value prop development).
- Act as the voice of the customer for all product-related communications.
Within 6 months you’ll…
- Own the product-to-market funnel and be the go-to for any product questions asked by the Sales and Customer Success teams.
- Work with marketing to make sure product benefits are clearly communicated as part of overall company positioning and messaging.
- Own the creation of product-centric collateral, now including longer-form content.
- - Turn your customer learnings into white papers or e-books that describe product benefits to customers in detailed yet engaging ways.
- - Work with our Customer Success team to kick off a customer webinar series.
- Lead the pricing and packaging process.
- - Begin testing company assumptions around the current pricing and packaging strategy, and explore the potential for alternative, simplified structures.
Within 12 months you’ll…
- Propose and present improved, streamlined packaging and pricing structures and work with our leadership team to devise a testing protocol.
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
***Cape Analytics is an E-verify participant.***