We are looking for a Scala developer who gets excited about creating elegant, scalable, robust and maintainable solutions to complex problems.
You’ll be developing on good kit alongside a friendly team at our Manchester HQ and around the UK. You’ll be working with a team of developers and designers to create new features and enhancements. You’ll develop your code in GitHub feature branches and pull requests that are regularly merged into master and shipped to customers frequently. We’re constantly improving Capsule so we ship new releases every day and can quickly see feedback from our customers.
Your DevOps toolkit includes access to unified logging, application performance monitoring, statistics and stack traces from production environments for diagnosing issues, monitoring performance and understanding user behaviour. Capsule has a comprehensive Jenkins CI environment with an extensive automated test suite, static code analysis and monitoring for security vulnerabilities.
Deployment of Capsule is fully automated and releases are shipped to Amazon Web Services. As a result Capsule’s infrastructure and code is performant, reliable and available for our customers 24/7.
To help you get more in-depth knowledge of how the entire system works, the development team cycles through week-long stints working with our wonderful support and customer success teams. During these weeks, you’ll help resolve technical issues for customers and support third party developers who are using our API. You’ll be supported with a buddy when you need help getting to the bottom of an issue or raising it with the wider team.
If you would like to take part in development community events, we’ll support you with time to prepare and sponsor events where you are presenting.
- We can only currently support applicants who are able to work from our Manchester office. Applicants are also required to have a permanent right to work in the UK
- We ask that applicants have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Working with us
- Small and friendly world-class team
- Ship changes almost every day
- Highly competitive salaries
- Flexible working hours
- Work from our office in Manchester, UK
- 25 days paid annual leave in addition to the stat holidays
- The best kit for the job (which usually means lots of Apple gear)
- Monthly eBook allowance with a Kindle
- Conference allowance
Recruitment agency policy: We do not accept agency CVs and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.