Senior Backend Tech Lead
As a Senior Software Engineer / R&D Lead, you will plan, coordinate, and execute on the development of medical software and hardware products powered by deep learning. You’ll be amongst the first to help shape the company’s product culture, working closely with founders, developers, and partners to ensure successful product delivery.
- Develop high quality, customer-facing software.
- Serve as the R&D Lead in a cross-functional team to bring high impact products to market.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Clinical, and Regulatory Affairs to organize the product roadmap, plan short-term and long-term goals, and forecast release timelines within an Agile environment.
- Identify key technical requirements and customer needs for multiple cross-functional products, taking them from concept to completion on-spec and with excellent quality.
- Build a communication structure for up-to-date project visibility and actively communicate status to team members.
- Design and evangelize standard methodologies for effective product development.
- Lead scope and implementation planning sessions.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency and scalability of our systems and processes.
- 3+ years of experience leading Engineering teams in technology and/or healthcare setting.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
- Demonstrated project management background using software development tools such as JIRA, Trello, Asana, or Github.
- Extensive knowledge of Python.
- Experience in designing and developing applications end-to-end.
- Dedication to the company mission and act for the well-being of patients at the center of every decision.
- Attention to detail in collaboration and documentation, actively communicating project priorities, handling risks, and understanding tradeoffs.
- Ability to make decisions, identify key deliverables, and “see around corners” to head off challenges, while being comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong organizational, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teammate within a dynamic, multi-cultural environment.
- Bonus: Experience working on Machine Learning applications.
Caption Health is empowering healthcare providers with new capabilities to acquire and interpret ultrasound exams using A.I.
Caption Health was founded in 2013 on a simple but powerful concept: what if we could use technology to emulate the expertise of highly trained medical experts and put that ability into the hands of every care provider? Our vision is to move specialty diagnostics and decision making to the point of care for every patient exam. We are developing AI software that empowers healthcare providers with new capabilities to acquire and interpret ultrasound exams. Caption Health was formerly known as Bay Labs.
Caption Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Caption Health does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Caption Health. strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy.