VP of Marketing - Remote
San Francisco, California /
At CaptivateIQ, we align companies and teams together through the power of incentives. We reward hard work, and those rewards are not dependent on antiquated software or manual processes. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible no-code solution enabling revenue operation teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives thus transforming the world of incentive compensation.
We believe that our employees deserve transparency in their success and that they, just like commission plans, should not be forced to fit into molds or templates. Our growing team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, creating an open and inclusive organization. In 2020, CaptivateIQ grew our team by 275% -- from 20 to 75 employees -- and increased our female workforce as a share of our total company by 350%.
CaptivateIQ is looking for a VP of Marketing to join our team. As an early member of the Marketing team, you will report to one of the Co-CEOs and lay the foundation for Marketing at CaptivateIQ. You will develop a deep understanding of our customers for why they buy CaptivateIQ and leverage these insights to shape the business’s positioning and its future messaging to prospective customers. You will also help prioritize the product roadmap, competitive positioning, buyer personas, sales pitch materials, and marketing campaigns. Defining and driving major feature launches is also a critical part of this role.
You are an exceptional product-minded leader and have extensive experience in enterprise B2B product marketing. You will have experience developing strategic and innovative GTM programs for B2B software products, and you have successfully launched major feature releases in your career. You have proven experience in understanding market dynamics, customer needs, competitive landscape, and the product.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market, including buyer personas, essential uses cases, and customer needs
- Own product positioning & messaging for CaptivateIQ
- Craft engaging and high-quality marketing collateral using every medium and channel
- Help product management with prioritization by providing the voice of the customer and prospects.
- Work closely with marketing on marketing campaigns to drive pipeline.
- Partner with sales leadership to equip sales with tactical enablement materials to effectively deliver CaptivateIQ’s value proposition to its customers and prospects
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in the B2B SaaS space; solid fundamentals in user research, positioning/messaging, user education, and sales enablement
- Track record with a modern marketing mix; has developed narratives, created thought leadership, presented to large groups, and navigated marketing analytics; is a confident communicator.
- Proven successful experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including B2B sales teams
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Previous start-up experience is a huge plus.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.