Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of additive manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. Especially in medical device industry, we believe that additive manufacturing is able to unlock design features that can significantly improve device performance and patient experiences.
We're searching for a research scientist to help us in developing UV curable resins for additive manufacturing of implantable medical devices.
- Design, develop, formulate and test new polymer formulations to be used in 3D printing of implantable devices.
- Understand structure-property relationship of the new formulations and optimize formulations to meet specific customer needs.
- Explore new chemistries and establish solid understanding
- Manage external collaborations and partner expectations
- Work with QC and process engineering teams to test incoming batches of resins to validate consistency and troubleshoot failures in production
- Lead biocompatibility testing and FDA registration
- Participate in device-level validation and clinical trials
- The ideal candidate should be a motivated, passionate individual who is a self-starter and can work individually and collaboratively in a dynamic team.
- PhD in : Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Sciences, or Polymer Sciences
- Experienced in UV-curing chemistry and polymer synthesis
- Familiar with common physical and chemical analytical techniques
- Strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills
- PhD with ~3 years of postdoc or industry experiences
- Familiar with medical implantation and related materials requirements
- Have experiences in cGMP and FDA regulations