Engineering -- Software
Working at the intersection of software, hardware, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world.
We're looking for a full stack engineer with solid computer science fundamentals to help us extend and build new applications quickly - ideally someone that's comfortable learning new tools while finding ever more efficient ways to leverage existing software tools. You'll need to be able to work independently as well as effectively communicate with the larger software and hardware engineering teams.
You can learn more about the Carbon software team at http://software.carbon3d.com.
You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
Carbon runs software not only on its printers but also in the cloud, ranging from services that manage fleets of printers to compute-heavy finite element analysis jobs. We are therefore looking for people who have a passion for delivering a performant, reliable and automated platform as a foundation for a variety of software applications to run on top of.
- Design, build and operate the cloud infrastructure supporting all aspects of our product.
- Lead or participate in the "Infrastructure as Code" and automation initiatives.
- Continuously improve the quality and uptime of our services
- 5+ years experience building and operating cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)Strong system design skills .
- Experience with containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker, etc..) .
- Experience with automated build/deployment, distributed systems and configuration management systems .
- Experience being on-call and triaging/resolving production issues.
Carbon team members enjoy working in a newly renovated R&D facility. Our tight-knit team works collaboratively in our open space and in our labs, learns together through our entrepreneurship guest speaker series, and bonds together through catered meals, offsite events, and activities.
We also provide complete benefits and competitive compensation including equity ownership.