Head of Demand Generation
The Head of Demand Generation is responsible for identifying growth-driving strategies, programs, and campaigns that sit at the intersection of sales and marketing -- helping guide the company’s growth trajectory to new inflection points. You will be key to driving revenue-generating strategic alignment between the sales and marketing teams -- partnering with sales and partner stakeholders as well as marketing ops and sales ops to identify the highest-value targets, then working with the marketing programs and sales development (SDR) teams to develop, execute, and optimize regional and solutions-specific programs against those targets.
In short, the role is responsible for driving and accelerating pipeline, segment and account strategy and coordinating the plans and deliverables for the aligned sales teams.
- Lead effective strategy and campaign design by doing the following:
- Develop, execute, and measure innovative demand creation programs across the buying cycle to generate new inquiries, qualify existing prospects, drive sales meetings, and grow the sales pipeline (opportunities).
- Identify market segments and target roles that will have the highest yield. Curate a deep understanding of those targets, including needs, their purchase process, and how they consume communications to ensure the most effective outreach.
- Accelerate an account-based go-to-marketmethodology, including in-person and digital executive engagement programs.
- Understand the product portfolio to develop lead generation campaigns that communicate differentiated value.
- Work with marketing communications and product marketing to produce content and inbound strategies that will support sales plays. Work with the program management, marketing operations, and event management teams to set and achieve program goals, drive campaign execution, monitor results, and optimize for business impact and quality output.
- Create a business case driven approach to allocating marketing investmentacross channels (spend levels, media mix, and creative development components), using customer insights, financial data, and analytics from sales and marketing ops.
- Build process for scale, efficiency, and optimal results by doing the following:
- Create playbooks and enhanced processes to create ever-increasing yield from our programs and resources
- Maximize the impact of all growth experiments via testing and automation.
- Establish partner marketing competency by doing the following:
- Identify priority partner marketing requirements in conjunction with partner stakeholders across the company.
- Create plans, processes, and metrics for the marketing team, and partner stakeholders, to execute against.
- Support sales and sales development by doing the following:
- Help the SDR team successfully generate sales opportunities with effective campaign plans and scripts.
- Interface with sales (Account Executives for cross-sell/upsell and Business Development Executives for new targets) to penetrate targeted accounts.
- Engage with sales to define and train on their campaign responsibilities.
- Measurement, reporting, and accountability for marketing effectiveness by doing the following:
- Own marketing sourced pipeline and booking targets
- Work with marketing ops team to leverage Salesforce.com, Pardot, and other tools to measure and report on campaign and business results including leads generated, CPL, MQLs, SALs, opps created, cost effectiveness, etc.
- This position will be measured primarily on meeting Lead Generation and Qualification objectives
- Communication and collaboration across functions and departments for fullest leverage of resources, best customer experience, and greatest number of sales opportunities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience growing revenue at scale via performance marketing within a B2B technology or services company.
- Maturity and skill in working with senior executives, customers, and sales teams to align on goals and work through business challenges.
- You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a strong-growth company.
- You must have a strong bias for action and the ability to foster a results-driven mentality across marketing, and strong strategic alignment between sales and marketing.
- You must be extremely persistent by nature.
- Proven success at creating and executing B2B campaigns. Global marketing experience a plus.
- Deep familiarity with salesforce.com, Pardot and other critical demand gen technologies.
- Proficiency and enthusiasm for analyzing campaign results, building reports, and manipulating data.
- Strong project management skills, accustomed to working to a budget and within strict timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B.A. required in relevant field, M.B.A. preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience.