Senior Polymer Process Engineer
We are a team of passionate entrepreneurs, engineers, programmers, operations managers and materials scientists who value creativity and the ability to get things done. We seek to enable creators and transform manufacturing across the globe. Our team is growing rapidly, and we are seeking a talented Senior Polymer Process Engineer. This role will report to the Director of Process Engineering with the responsibility of leading development and scale-up work for polyurethane prepolymers. The successful candidate will work closely with the Materials, Supply Chain, third-party Suppliers, Quality and other groups to ensure organizational objectives for quality, delivery and cost are met.
- Lead the process development and scale-up work from R&D to pilot scale to commercial manufacturing of polyurethane prepolymers.
- Responsible for developing and implementing manufacturing procedures and batch records in preparation for pilot and commercial manufacturing.
- Build relationships with domestic and international tollers/contract manufacturers (CMOs).
- Serve as a sole point of contact for process development, equipment and facility support.
- Perform PHA (process hazard assessments) to minimize process risks.
- Collaborate and build relationships with Materials, Supply Chain, CMOs, and Quality to deliver on-spec product for downstream applications.
- Support QA and manufacturing with non-conformance investigations.
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in process engineering of polymers
- Experience with polyurethane manufacturing preferred
- Master’s Degree and/or BS in Chemical Engineering with relevant experience
- Experience with design of experiments and statistical process control preferred
- Self starter, ability to work independently, maintains good chemical hygiene
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, both domestic and international