Materials Supplier Manager
Help us change the world in how product is designed and manufactured, and we will help you change yours.
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are delivering on the promise of 3D manufacturing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to full scale
Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Materials Supplier Manager to make our chemical supply strategy come to life. This key role will develop, own, and manage relationships with our chemical suppliers and 3PLs, and will be responsible in delivering resin on-time, in-spec, and at-cost target.
- Responsible for developing and executing short and long-term sourcing strategies to mitigate single and sole source risks to supply continuity, quality and cost for all resins
- Establish and implement clear and measurable goals focused on continuous improvement and meeting overall delivery, financial, service, and quality objectives are established.
- Develop implementation and transition plans and work with business functions to ensure strategies are embedded in the organization’s processes
- Leverage existing technologies to support the sourcing process and identify additional technology needs to augment specific commodities where applicable
- Challenge suppliers and the internal development team to identify and implement innovative designs, value-add specification changes, concepts and materials.
- Act as a consultant to offer guidance to Engineering, Product management, analysts, and partners across the business
- Help facilitate cross-functional communication between all levels of the organization to support new product launches and key process improvement opportunities, including scenario planning for products and inventory strategies.
- Work with production, warehousing, supply chain, and finance personnel to build teamwork in addressing procurement timing, inventory levels, order sizes, and working capital.
- Innovative thinker, strong communicator, with relentless attention to details
- BS/MS in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related field. APICS Certification
- Strong analytical, negotiation, contracting, communication (verbal & written), influence and leadership skills.
- Proven skills to develop and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies.
- Ability to think strategically while managing tactically (business processes, industry dynamics, short & long term impacts, supplier capabilities and manufacturing practices, general market conditions, etc.)
- Ability to perform financial analysis (i.e., supplier capital projects, ROI, NPV, financial status, make vs. buy, lease vs. buy, etc.)
- Ability to work with various levels (CEO to customer service) of supplier and internal customer management
- Proficiency working with spreadsheets, data analytics, along with the ability to communicate results both verbally and in writing.
- Chemical manufacturing or supply chain experience a big plus