UI/UX Software Architect
Product & Software – Engineering -- Software
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Carbon is looking for an experienced and creative UI/UX Software Engineer to join our Software Team! You will be on the team that builds our customer facing software, primarily focused on a single-page browser application. This application enables our customers to create and monitor cloud-based digital manufacturing pipelines that create thousands of custom parts per day via a highly automated production process.
You will be working with a small team on modern technologies, using interesting algorithms and data structures not normally seen in typical "front - end" web apps. You will partner with Product Managers to deliver features and develop new ways to enable our customers to make their product come to life!
- Collecting, researching, investigating, and evaluating user requirements.
- Delivering an outstanding user experience, making your role essential to the Full Stack team.
- Enhancing our component library of graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and more complex widgets.
- Pushing the limits of browser performance to provide a great user experience. We load and render models with millions of triangles in under a second.
- Mentoring, educating, and supporting those around you, as well as being mentored by other engineers.
- Strong experience with HTTP, HTML, CSS, and web security concepts.
- Plan and implement new designs. Experience with modern front -end framework (React, Angular, Vue) -- we use React.
- Experience and passion for building beautiful and complex web applications.
- Optimize existing user interface designs. Test for intuitiveness and experience.
- Create prototypes for new product ideas, test new ideas before implementing, and conduct ongoing user research.
- Strong communication, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
Carbon is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. Even if you do not think you meet 100% of the job requirements, we encourage you to apply.