Printed Part Design & Engineering Intern
Marketing – Marketing
Carbon is a Silicon Valley-based company working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science to deliver on the promise of additive manufacturing. Using our breakthrough Digital Light Synthesis (DLS) technology, driven by groundbreaking CLIP (Continuous Liquid Interface Process) and programmable liquid resins, we’re changing the face of traditional additive manufacturing. Carbon has continuously pushed the boundaries and transformed industries. From our amazing partnership with Adidas creating the FutureCraft 4D shoe, to our 35+ issued patents, 10 game changing material families, and 5 biocompatible resins, Carbon is creating a whole new category of manufacturing. We partner with high-profile customers such as adidas, J&J, Riddell and more! We are helping our customers change how the world makes things.
We are looking for bright, curious interns to work alongside our best in class engineers for Summer 2020. These full-time internships are a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic setting. You will have the opportunity to work on a collaborative team and be paired with one of our marketing team members who will mentor you throughout the course of the summer. Our interns work on real time, high priority projects that are shaping the future of Carbon. Come make an impact with us this summer.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or other related programs
- Experience with CAD design is a must. This role will be helping push the boundaries of what is possible with DLS™ technology across our portfolio of resins, industries, and printers. A portfolio of parts you’ve designed is highly desirable.
- Experience with resin-based 3D printing is desired. This role offers lots of hands-on time with cutting-edge printers.
- A strong work ethic and an eagerness to help
- Curiosity about how things work and tenacity to learn
- A coachable attitude and a desire to improve your skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively and independently as needed
- Evident track-record of success and creativity in your educational and life pursuits.
Join us for a rewarding (paid) internship that offers personal and professional development, fun activities, collaboration, competition, and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work with our product marketing team on high-profile projects with some of the best and brightest in the Silicon Valley.