Sr. Buyer – NPI, CapEx and Non-Production
Supply Chain Management
Carbon3D is commercializing a fundamental advance in the chemistry of 3D printing that enables massive increases in print speed and improved material properties. We believe our technology will enable mass production of 3D printed parts. Our product is the intersection of hardware, software, and materials.
We are a team of passionate entrepreneurs, engineers, programmers, and materials scientists who value creativity and the ability to get things done. We seek to enable creators and transform manufacturing across the globe. Both Carbon and the Supply Chain team are growing rapidly and we are seeking a experienced Sr. Buyer to support and manage Carbon’s spend across the organization. This role will report to the Sr. Purchasing Manager, and will have the overall objective of supporting Engineering, Marketing, Sales and other functions in the procurement of non-inventory items, R&D projects, Capital Equipment and our industrial accessory options across the global markets in which we operate. The successful candidate will develop improved procurement processes, interface with the other members on the supply chain team on upcoming product changes, and support Customer-facing teams with field issues requiring supplier interactions, among others.
Responsibilities: New Product Introduction
- Develop relationships and interface with key internal customers (primarily Engineering) to support product improvements, new products, and CapEx purchases.
- Support the commodity managers in aligning our NPI spend with our overall commodity strategies, and own the selection, development and maintenance of a robust NPI supply base across commodities to better leverage Carbon’s spend.
- Establish and manage continuous improvement projects and process development/improvements.
- Develop spend strategies, identify potential suppliers, analyze supplier capabilities, select suppliers and determine prices, terms, and conditions of agreements.
- Coordinate closely with other members of the supply chain team to give better visibility into upcoming changes, new product offerings, and ensure appropriate supply chain support for Carbon’s Product Development roadmap.
- Support Carbon organizations in the procurement of high-value Capital Assets, including but not limited to testing equipment, machinery, manufacturing and/or assembly equipment, fixtures, and other required purchases.
- Support Engineering and Manufacturing in developing yearly equipment and CapEx budgets, and control spend based on approved budgetary targets.
- Support finance in robust and accurate Capital Asset tracking.
Responsbilities: Non-Production Purchases
- Work cross-functionally to manage Carbon’s procurement of non-production materials, with a focus on packaging, Carbon’s industrial accessory portfolio, and global market expansion.
- Work with Sales and Planning to define processes for accessory shipments and develop/set stocking levels for Carbon’s accessory portfolio.
- Support packaging improvements through standardization of requirements, labeling, and development of returnable packaging where appropriate.
- Lead improvements in the non-production and expense purchase processes, with a focus on efficiency and accuracy in tracking and a seamless order-receive-pay process.
- Lead development of an Approved Supplier Database to be used across the organization.
- Support requests to develop and create new suppliers in our system.
Responsibilities: Quality Management
- Partner closely with SQE to drive development and improvement of supplier quality systems and processes.
- Maintains strong relationship and communication
- 5+ years experience in purchasing, strategic sourcing, supply chain and/or global supply management
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Master’s Degree and/or BS in engineering preferred
- Demonstrated negotiation experience working with suppliers and contracts
- Self starter with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to travel periodically, both domestically and internationally (up to 10%).