Manager, Technical Support
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
The support team works to ensure that customers love us and love our products. We are held accountable to ensure customers are successful and their experience with Carbon is positive. Technical Support teams are advocates for their customers and strive to achieve our customer engagement goals. The Manager of Technical Support will be expected to listen carefully, learn quickly and anticipate customer needs across a broad spectrum of industries. Carbon is a dynamic work environment and the Manager of Technical Support will need to be flexible and adapt to dynamic business with ever changing needs and priorities.
Role will be located in Atlanta, Georgia, managing Technical Support in the Atlanta office.
- Recruit, lead, mentor, motivate and develop Technical Support Specialists and Carbon Technical Partners to ensure we provide world class service and support
- Manage day-to-day service activities in the Atlanta office, assisting with high severity requests or issue escalations to ensure we are focusing on customer success
- Work directly with Director of Customer Solutions on strategic planning, providing thoughtful and innovative insights on improvements
- Interact with regional and corporate management on matters between functional areas to ensure high level of customer support globally
- Ensure the Technical Support teams create accurate case records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Track, monitor, report and analyze Technical Support and Customer Success metrics, highlighting trends and outlining next steps
- Communicate clearly the progress of initiatives to Carbon leadership
- Anticipate and articulate customer needs across a broad spectrum of industries
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards for Technical Support, determining infrastructure requirements and implementing processes needed to delight our customers
- Liaison between customers and/or cross-functional internal teams to ensure customers are supported
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- 5-10 years of management experience in technical support environment
- Excellent customer-first attitude and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage and lead large teams effectively and efficiently, including helping individuals with their professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible with a dynamic, growing company
- Tech savvy individual with ability to quickly and effectively learn Carbon technology
- Proven ability to develop individuals
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Technical background or experience in engineering, design or chemistry
- Experience with DLP, SLA or FDM 3D printing technologies
- Experience working in small company
- Experience working with enterprise customers
Carbon provides complete benefits and competitive compensation including equity ownership.