Application Program Manager
Carbon’s mission is simple: we change how products are made and how manufacturing businesses are run. From custom consumer products to new developments that cannot be manufactured through traditional methods, we enable engineers and businesses to make things better and faster.
At Carbon we partner with some of the world’s most innovative product and manufacturing companies. Carbon’s Application Development team focuses on the company’s top strategic and prioritized projects that enable customers to be successful with our digital manufacturing technology. Program Managers own the collaborations with visionary partners from concept to initial manufacturing launch. We flesh out which opportunities to pursue and lead cross-functional teams consisting of technical specialists, business team members and executive leaders to drive business growth. Application Program Managers are comprehensive and have a rare balance of technical and soft skills to facilitate cross-functional deep dives with expertise, manage a broad view of product development and strategy, and provide exemplary customer support and engagement.
Responsibilities – Manage and Develop Applications:
- Lead the development of Carbon-made products from concept to initial launch with a team of Carbon engineers, production specialists, partner companies and customers.
- Define the roadmap to success, including goals, milestones and key constraints. Create structure in highly ambiguous settings; work cross-functionally with both the customer and Carbon internal team to set the vision and keep team members aligned through each product development phase.
- Communicate effectively to all customers and stakeholders. Ensure the core team, Carbon leadership team, and Partner leadership team are constantly aware of current status, next steps, and upcoming decision points.
- Identify and mitigate risks. Sniff out high-risk dependencies in the plan and fearlessly organize across teams to drive success.
- Escalate effectively. Distill key development issues for the joint leadership team and present vetted options for moving forward.
Responsibilities – Grow the Business:
- Develop scalable processes and infrastructure for the business development org to expand effectively
- Identify application adjacencies and growth opportunities through market research, competitive intelligence and product pipeline management
- Support Product Marketing in developing compelling materials to showcase our competitive advantage and strategic benefits
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing hardware products (defining requirements, iterating on designs, quickly driving to a minimal viable product) and knowledgeable in product development best practices
- Proven ability to work between technical development experts, customers and senior leadership
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to empathize with customers and prioritize between their needs and wants
- BS or MS in a technical discipline preferred (i.e. product design, computer science, engineering, materials science)
- MBA and/or consulting experience is highly valued but not required