As a member of Carbon’s marketing and communications team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. This role also includes some internal communications responsibilities including developing and managing strategic plans and initiatives.
We're looking for a great communicator who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, press release, blog posts, FAQs, and more. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives as a member of a tightly coordinated team, is comfortable moving between ambiguity and clarity, and views marketing and communications as an idea-led activity.
This role will be based out of our Redwood City office and cannot be remote.
- Secure proactive media coverage for Carbon’s major initiatives in tech, trade, business, consumer and broadcast media outlets.
- Help drive messaging and narrative development for Carbon, including drafting press releases, blog posts, media pitches and launch materials. Collaborate with the marketing team on social media strategy and initiatives.
- Work cross functionally with partners in marketing, sales, business development, engineering and support to develop and refine communications content to ensure a consistent voice and effective storytelling. As part of this, you will develop, write and edit internal communications for leaders across the company including emails and slide presentations.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Public Relations (either in-house or at an agency), media, marketing, or communications.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
- Experience working with and influencing executives, and providing advice that reflects an understanding of their business goals and leadership style.
- A passion and excitement for our technology; a believer in our ambition to transform products, lives, industries and the world!