We are a team of passionate entrepreneurs, engineers, programmers, and materials scientists who value creativity and the ability to get things done. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. Diversity – in its many forms – drives innovation. Teams composed of people who bring different perspectives and approaches to the table allow us to innovate much faster. Whether in hardware, software, or molecular science, we bring the best experts together to move our technology forward.
We are seeking a material Quality Control Technician to work primarily with the Quality Team, as well as assist in material characterization for raw materials qualification and scale up validation. This position will play a critical role in ensuring that material manufacturing processes, raw materials, and products meet Carbon’s quality specifications. The successful candidate will follow established quality management system for material testing and ensure that a high level of testing throughput is reached and maintained. In addition, candidates for this position must have some background in material inspection techniques, quality standards, failure analysis, and knowledge in the operation of laboratory testing equipment.
- Perform routine incoming material inspections to determine conformance with products’ specifications.
- Perform material characterization in support of supplier qualification and scale up validation.
- Analyze data, generate reports, and support lot release workflow.
- Maintain calibrations of test equipment.
- Assist with development of new QC processes and SOP’s and support change control management workflow.
- Assist with root cause investigations and corrective and preventive action implementations to maintain established quality standards.
- Previous experience as a Laboratory Test Technician
- Experience in handling liquid resins is preferred
- Familiarity with quality standards such as ISO.
- Excellent organization skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment, handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Project) and Adobe products.
- Experience analyzing and presenting data in an organized manner.
- Ability to follow oral, written, email, and text message instructions.
- Experience working in a collaborative setting.
- An Associate Degree in Materials Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Technology or an appropriate equivalent.
- Highly experienced candidates without a degree may also be considered