Software Engineer - Developer Tools
Engineering -- Software
Carbon is looking to hire an amazing engineer to help build world-class developer tools and release engineering processes. Software will continue to be critical to Carbon’s success, and we have a diverse, interesting set of software releases to manage -- from software that installs and runs on our printers and washers, all delivered on a regular basis via over-the-air upgrades, to an increasing focus on complementary cloud-based software for compute-intensive analysis and fleet management. We’re also simultaneously managing the conflicting needs of new customers eager to use the latest release versus the requirements for validated, perhaps even regulated, manufacturing runs where any amount of change is impactful. With your help, our developers and test engineers will stay efficient, using automation wherever possible to streamline and simplify our ability to handle whatever comes our way. You'd be working with a small, collaborative team, working only on modern technologies -- our entire codebase is less than three years old.
- Work closely with software developers and QA test engineers to build tools and streamline processes around build, test, code review, deployment, and other release-related tasks.
- Manage and extend our git repository
- Manage and improve front-end tools and integrations across git, phabricator, jenkins, jira, and home-grown tools
- Set up and deploy docker containers for managing different versions and snapshots of compilation environments
- Manage and improve our bazel-based build process
- Passion for building developer tools
- 3+ years experience developing software tools, including expertise in Python or other scripting languages
- Extensive experience with leading developer tools such as Git, Jenkins, Docker, and Jira, in Linux environments
- Experience with AWS and cloud deployment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.