Customer Service Operations Manager
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
The support team works to ensure that customers love us and our products. As a Support Operations Manager, you are responsible for building the infrastructure, processes and reports to reach this goal. You are a critical part of making our customers love us. As a successful Support Operations Manager with Carbon, you know that you love building the structure to make us successful. You are logical and careful in your planning, and clear in your communication. Your attention to detail and follow up is spectacular, and you know the importance of preparing for the worst, yet hoping for the best. You enjoy working as a team and have deep respect for your fellow colleagues. You use your best judgment at all times and enjoy embracing new technologies. You are always looking for ways to streamline processes and utilize the latest innovations.
Carbon is a dynamic work environment and the Support Operations Manager will need to be flexible and adapt to dynamic business with ever changing needs and priorities.You will report to the Director of Customer Solutions and work very closely with Support Teams and other parts of the organization.
Role will be located in Redwood City, California.
- Support operations needs for relationship management, technical support and service documentation
- Ensure that the customer-facing employees have the tools, processes, and training necessary to do their jobs effectively
- Identify bottlenecks in the process and work quickly to remove them.
- Create simple processes to help us attain our customer engagement goal
- Build, monitor and report on Service metrics
- Work regularly with various vendors who provide our systems and tools
- Work directly with Director of Customer Solutions on strategic planning, providing thoughtful and innovative insight on improvements
- Interact with regional and corporate management on matters between functional areas to ensure high level of efficiency globally
- Communicate clearly the progress of initiatives to Carbon leadership
- Liaison between vendors and/or cross-functional internal teams to ensure smooth processes are created
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- 5-10 years of Service Operations or relevant experience
- Experience in a SW, HW and/or IOT environment
- Excellent customer-first attitude
- Excellent program management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to be flexible with a dynamic, growing company
- Tech savvy individual with ability to quickly and effectively learn Carbon technology
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in high-tech, capital equipment company
- Experience working in small company
Carbon provides complete benefits and competitive compensation including equity ownership.