Carbon’s mission is simple: we change how products are made and how manufacturing businesses are run. From patient-specific medical devices to on-demand spare part production, we enable people across the organization we serve, including product designers, mechanical engineers, factory line managers, and CEOs, to solve problems in ways that were previously impossible. Carbon product managers understand our customer’s needs and use that insight to define and launch our products. Carbon product managers are deeply collaborative: they work with our entire team to bring solutions to life.
This role will focus on shipping innovative solutions in manufacturing management, part design, and prep for additive manufacturing, and on-device experiences for people who use our hardware.
- Product Definition: Lead definition and prioritization of Carbon’s software solutions, drawing on our full range of underlying technologies, including hardware, software, and materials.
- Customers and Markets: Conduct primary and secondary research to understand our customers and the broader market opportunities they represent.
- Product Roadmap: Collaborate with senior product management, development, marketing, operations, sales, customer care and the executive team to define our product strategy and roadmap.
- Business Model and Pricing: Ensure that our business model is as customer-focused and innovative as our technology.
- Competitive Analysis: Understand the world of polymer manufacturing and our unique position within it.
- Product Development Stakeholder: Work with developers and designers to bring our product visions to life. Continuously refine product plans based on learnings from development progress and our target customers. Ensure visibility of updated product plans as these refinements occur.
- Demonstrated track record of success in a Product Management role.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate a team towards a shared vision.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills.
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience preferred.
Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.