Join our small but mighty People and Culture Team at Carbon! This role will report to the Manager, People and Culture and will make incoming and existing employees’ experiences seamless as they onboard and grow their career at Carbon while contributing to and maintaining the company’s core values across our global locations
- Own and manage new hire onboarding, including offer letters and employment forms, background checks, and new hire orientation.
- Complete all onboarding, offboarding, change of status processes to ensure smooth transitions, compliance and record-maintenance.
- Assist employees by responding to general employment questions related to onboarding, benefits, company practices and policies.
- Create and maintain employee files and HR systems to ensure data integrity and compliance.
- Lead inbound immigration and international transfers to facilitate global mobility for both expatriation and repatriation. Maintain positive working relationships with immigration attorneys, employees and managers.
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of programs and systems across the People and Culture team.
- Continuously research and assess Carbon’s international locations, fine-tuning the People Team’s support, handbook resources, compensation and benefits practices, and employee engagement
- Run various regular and ad-hoc reports for People and Culture (including headcount, demographic, diversity, recruiting reports, etc.)
- Proactively look for process improvements and automation to help the People and Culture team scale in order to support the larger organization.
- For current and new international locations, build policies and practices that reflect our values as well as balance the global and local needs of the business
- Be willing to work with a small team on various company-wide projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of relevant or transferrable experience, ideally related to operational excellence and attention to detail.
- An approachable and friendly communication style with a customer-service mindset
- A mind for detail—you are detail-oriented and have patience to audit and dive deep into employee data to determine patterns and check for inaccuracies
- Strong analytical skills, a proven ability to execute processes, and a flexible approach to problem-solving
- Discretion and judgment handling confidential and sensitive data
- Technical curiosity and interest in evolving trends in HR products and services
- A healthy balance of heads down work ethic and sense of humor