Senior Manager, Customer Success
Redwood City, CA /
Operations – Technical Support /
Carbon is looking for a Senior Manager to manage the Customer Success/Support Team. The Customer Success/Support team works to ensure that customers love us and love our products. We are held accountable to ensure customers are successful and their experience with Carbon is positive. The Customer Success/Support team advocates for their customers, following up and managing all matters related to their customers’ needs, as well as ensuring successful adoption and utilization of Carbon products. This team is expected to listen carefully, learn quickly, respond promptly and anticipate customer needs across a broad spectrum of industries. This team will also need to delight and support their customers while efficiently balancing all of their customers’ needs. Carbon is a dynamic work environment and this role will need to be flexible and adapt to a dynamic business with ever-changing needs and priorities.
Ideally, this role is based in Redwood City but we are open to a hybrid or remote situation for the right candidate. We are looking for an individual who is a quick learner, passionate about helping customers adopt new technology, and focused on helping our customers be successful with Digital Light Synthesis (DLS). The ideal candidate shall hire, develop, and build a strong and talented team. He/She shall build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Assist with high-severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Create a culture and a measurable process to meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness, and overall customer experience
- Liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions
- Be a voice of the customer to internal stakeholders
- Communicate clearly the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Account Management team to identify and help grow opportunities within accounts from a technical perspective, including account health assessments
- Have excellent listening and presentation skills, including the ability to present technical information to key stakeholders and decision-makers
- Be a tech-savvy individual with the ability to quickly and effectively learn CLIP and DLS technology as well as complex hardware, software, and materials concepts
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a global team
- Excellent customer-facing/interpersonal skills; profoundly customer-focused
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including working with customers in-person, over the phone, and through email
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Tech-savvy individual with the ability to quickly and effectively learn CLIP and DLS technology
- The ability to train customers on technical subjects in order to adopt our technology and be successful with our products
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- The ability to be flexible with a dynamic, growing company
- The ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, prefer degree in engineering or other technical areas
- Experience in a technical service or customer support role
- Experience with DLP, SLA, or FDM 3D printing technologies
- Experience working in a small company
- Language skills preferred - Spanish, German, or Mandarin
At Carbon, we look at the person holistically and carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation. The pay range for this position is $156,600 - $234,000. Your actual salary will be based on your experience, work location, certifications, and the unique skills you bring to the role. If you are not based in our Redwood City office, the range above will be adjusted for the geographical differential associated with your actual work location.
Carbon also offers our eligible employees a comprehensive total rewards package that includes equity, benefits, and time off programs.
For more information on how we modify your pay based on your location, please refer to our geographic differentials chart. For details on our total rewards package, visit https://www.carbon3d.com/about/life-at-carbon.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants, which explains the categories of personal information we collect about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use of such personal Information.