Head of Product Marketing
At Carbon, we make the impossible possible, to transform lives, industries, and the world. This is what motivates us. Sitting at the intersection of software, hardware, and material science, Carbon helps the leading companies around the world accelerate product innovation. We are proud to be the world’s leading digital manufacturing platform, transforming the way products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and delivered.
To transform lives, industries, and the world, we believe we must have an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members belong and are valued for what they bring.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, Carbon is seeking a Head of Product Marketing to join our Silicon Valley based team at one of the fastest growing companies in the world! The product marketing team at Carbon is responsible for developing positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation, and sales tools and collateral for the company’s suite of software, hardware, and material science products.
We are looking for a senior executive who has both the ability to understand the technology and materials as well as eloquently communicate the high-level business value of these products. The Head of Product Marketing will both define the product marketing strategy as well as drive the execution of the plan, creating most materials in-house. We want a smart, ambitious, and experienced leader that can craft compelling narratives for the Carbon Platform, implement product launch and release frameworks, and work cross-functionally to drive unified messaging and positioning across a variety of disciplines and verticals.
The Head of Product Marketing will be a core leader within the Marketing organization, driving thought leadership, leading the go-to-market strategy for new products and features, including: competitive analysis, pricing, targeting, positioning and messaging, contributing recommendations to future product strategy & roadmap, and building advocates. If this excites you, then we want to meet you!
- Positioning/Messaging - Develop product positioning and messaging that clearly differentiates Carbon’s products in the market
- Product Launch - Create the product launch strategy for new products, creating a detailed plan which outlines all the necessary sales tools and product materials required to meet audience needs along every step of the customer journey
- Product Content - Create the product marketing materials, website content, and tools necessary to help customers make educated purchasing decisions around the entire suite of Carbon products. This includes e-books, webinars, brochures, datasheets, website copy, product guides, videos, social postings, ads, landing pages, and blog posts.
- Market Intelligence - Research the market and competitive offerings to create materials that perfectly speak to customer buying criteria and reasons Carbon products are superior to competitive offerings
- Sales Training and Enablement – Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools and competitive insight that support the selling process of Carbon products
- Demand Generation – Work with Head of Growth to integrate new product marketing materials into the overall demand generation strategy. Strategically place materials across multiple channels (web, social, direct, etc.) to drive inbound leads and increased demand for Carbon products.
- 8+ years of product marketing experience. MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated product marketing and content creation experience. Writing samples required.
- Creative and passionate about positioning products to stand out from the competition
- Organized, detail oriented with strong communication skills
- Proven ability to manage teams and third-party vendors
- Ability to work on a small team with tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business creativity with a get-it-done attitude