Software Engineer - Full-Stack
Engineering -- Software
Working at the intersection of software, hardware, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world.
We're looking for a full stack engineer with solid computer science fundamentals to help us extend and build new applications quickly - ideally someone that's comfortable learning new tools while finding ever more efficient ways to leverage existing software tools. You'll need to be able to work independently as well as effectively communicate with the larger software and hardware engineering teams.
You can learn more about the Carbon software team at http://software.carbon3d.com.
You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
- Architect and build server and browser based systems that will integrate with our 3D printers and other Carbon machines.
- Build both back-end infrastructure and user-facing features.
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering.
Skills / Experience
- 3+ years of production level experience shipping successful software.
- Experience with full-stack frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Django, Flask, Angular, Express/ Node.
- Strong skills across relevant server-side technologies, including networking, security, databases, RESTful services, HTML/CSS/JS.
- DevOps and/or operational experience and familiarity, e.g. AWS, Puppet/Chef-Linux experience preferred.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Carbon team members enjoy working in a newly renovated R&D facility. Our tight-knit team works collaboratively in our open space and in our labs, learns together through our entrepreneurship guest speaker series, and bonds together through catered meals, offsite events, and activities.
We also provide complete benefits and competitive compensation including equity ownership.