Senior Product Manager
Carbon is at the forefront of enabling production of revolutionary 3D printing parts at unprecedented scale. In 2018, Carbon produced over a hundred thousand pairs midsoles for the adidas Futurecraft 4D line of high performance shoes, and we’re on a path toward millions. In the coming year Carbon will be delivering additional ground-breaking products across a range of industries, products that literally can’t be made any other way.
As innovative as Carbon’s technology is, we’re also developing original business and pricing models that enable rapid adoption and ensure our incentives are aligned with our customers’, such as subscription-based pricing and forward-pricing of materials.
Carbon is looking to hire a stellar product manager to drive pricing for us overall (among other product management work), in close collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Engineering, and Materials — pretty much the whole company!
This role is critically important to Carbon and very challenging too. Near term projects will include building out new pricing frameworks and business models, such as comprehensive subscription pricing across full end-to-end manufacturing solutions, and exploring new revenue streams and identifying creative business models to match. Longer-term opportunities include product management across the broad range of Carbon’s offerings in hardware, software, materials, and services.
- Drive convergence on all product, resin, and solution pricing at Carbon across a broad range of teams and leaders
- Hands-on, detailed modeling of pricing approaches, developed in close collaboration with the finance team. Includes doing the legwork to identify and accurately model costs.
- Lead the company toward new, innovative pricing strategies and business models
- Strong background and interest in both financial modeling and product development/engineering
- Amazing attention to detail
- Creative, out-of-the box thinker
- Super comfortable and productive in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years in product management or closely related role
Nice to have:
- MBA degree
- Technical degree
- Experience in management consulting