Sr. Electrical Engineer
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have a vision of creating a technology that will change industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. We pride ourselves in developing an environment where we all can teach, learn, and grow together.
We are looking for an mid-level Electrical Engineer who has interest in PCBA design, components, and systems. This engineer must have skills in the definition and specification of requirements, the design of electronics and printed circuit board assemblies, and the development and test of electronic hardware.
- Specification, design, and implementation of board level electronic systems including analog, digital, and high power circuits.
- Work directly with other technical disciplines, including mechanical, optical, software and chemistry, to specify system requirements, implement designs, and troubleshoot issues.
- Oversee and perform reviews of specs, schematics, layouts, test plans and results.
- Create and maintain documentation to allow effective knowledge transfer throughout the company.
- Design, document, and manage build of system wiring.
- Create, execute, and hand-off manufacturing tests.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical degree.
- 5+ years of relevant circuit board design experience.
- Demonstration of taking board level products successfully from concept to production.
- Experience with micro-controllers and communication interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI, etc.).
- Experience designing high speed communications interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience in test techniques to be able to troubleshoot circuit level and system level problems.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- FPGA design for production applications.
Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.