Automotive Industry Director
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. With Carbon’s Digital Light Synthesis™ technology, manufacturers can unlock new business opportunities such as mass customization, on-demand inventory, and differentiated products made with unique functional materials. Carbon’s solutions also provide substantial operational efficiencies, such as the elimination of tooling costs and decreased time to market. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
Carbon is a high-growth company founded in 2013 that has raised over $420 million dollars from investors at a $1.7 billiion valuation and is growing quickly, Our experienced Board of Directors includes the former CEOs of Ford Motor Company and DuPont.
As an Automotive Industry Director at Carbon, your primary responsibility will be to help develop Carbon’s presence and business in the Automotive market, focused on the Detroit region. This responsibility will include engaging with Automotive OEMs and suppliers.
This role will be based in the greater Detroit area.
- Lead Automotive strategy for Carbon and work internally to define requirements across product, marketing, and sales
- Lead business development and sales activities for segments and applications where Carbon has proven fit
- Lead applications exploration and technical marketing activities for segments and applications where Carbon is developing capabilities and proving fit
- Build team over time to develop automotive business. Team size estimated to be 5+ people within 2 years
- Manage customer relationships to support their success and further adoption of Carbon’s technology
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science or similar; more advanced technical degree a plus
- 5+ years working in the automotive industry in Engineering, Research, or Program Management roles
- Knowledge of the products, product development processes and tools, and polymer manufacturing processes and materials in the Automotive Industry; familiarity with additive manufacturing a positive
- Successful track record and comfortable with complex, consultative engagements advocating for adoption and driving utilization of a new technology
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills, including technical
- Professional, patient, and quick to listen when interacting with customers and partners
- Passionate about new manufacturing technologies and the positive impact they can have in Automotive
- Ability to be flexible with a dynamic, growing company
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience working in strategy consulting