New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Manager
We are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping and create value-added, cost effective end-to-end manufacturing solutions.
Our mission is to reinvent how polymeric products are designed and digitally manufactured toward a sustainable future.
Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Introducing new product to market is a complex process at any scale. Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, New Product Introduction at Carbon, relies on the successful integration of a variety of technical disciplines, and requires navigation of product design, development, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and service. Carbon is looking for cross-functional Program Managers to lead both small and large scale development efforts to ensure we deliver high quality products on time.
- Plan the program: Quickly and effectively translate high level objectives into well-reasoned plans with appropriate milestones for measuring success.
- Identify and mitigate risks: Seek out high-risk deliverables and project dependencies. Organize processes to monitor the most impactful risks and issues while relentlessly driving mitigation and resolution.
- Lead the team: Provide team leadership through influence and example. Maintain team focus on achieving project deliverables and milestones. Bring energy and thoughtful guidance to all natures of problem solving.
- Communicate: Promote effective and efficient information flow between functions, and across organizational levels, to maintain continuous awareness and alignment of current status, decisions, and course of action.
- Escalate effectively: Distill key developments within the project for executive consumption. Instigate decision-making and employ appropriate conflict resolution methods to ensure alignment of direction for successful project execution.
- Excellent program managers can come from a variety of backgrounds. This position will require a proven ability to work with both technical and operational teams including individual contributors and senior leadership. Experience in program management is preferred but not required.
- BS or MS in a technical discipline with professional working experience in a technical field.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills. Demonstrated record of good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience. Ability to get to the root of a complex problem and provide clarity.
- Detail and action-oriented with a knack for identifying cross-team dependencies. Ability to recognize risks early.
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and independently in a Design and Manufacturing environment
- Ability to establish plans and priorities with a cross-functional team