Program Manager, International & Strategic Programs
Carbon’s mission is simple: we change how products are made and how manufacturing businesses are run. From Adidas Futurecraft midsoles, patient-specific medical devices, to on-demand spare part production, we enable engineers and business people to create in ways that were previously impossible. Our common vision is to build Carbon-powered “Factories of the Future” that make new products and new business models possible.
Carbon is going international and is looking for a Program Manager for International & Strategic Programs to help lead the process. You will work cross functionally to drive alignment for a by-region strategy in APAC and Europe, setting key metrics and goals, and program manage execution across various functions. You will help Carbon navigate business cases, sales forecast, go-to-market plans and key int’l accounts, product internationalization and compliance, physical presence, legal entity and structure, international finance, and building local teams. Carbon operates in a complex business environment that includes a subscription business model, a product portfolio that includes software, chemicals, hardware, and accessories, and regulated supply chains to scale a new technology in mass production and manufacturing.
You will also support Carbon’s leadership team in key strategic partners and investors internationally in business and corporate development projects incl. financial models, pitches and business cases, synergy analysis, etc.
- Define international program goals, timeline, and constraints within your region: work cross-functionally with internal teams and partner teams to define regional enablement scope and priorities.
- Plan the program: translate high level planning into a well-reasoned plan of action, launch/ongoing checklist, and program manage various functions incl. sales, marketing, product, operations and supply chain, finance, legal, HR to enable new regions and further expansion in existing regions.
- Identify and mitigate risks: sniff out high-risk dependencies in the plan and fearlessly organize across groups to drive resolution.
- Lead the team: support the core team by continually tracking their progress against milestones and working with them to overcome the inevitable challenges that will arise. Be ready to temporarily jump into a number of functions as an additional resource.
- Communicate cross-functionally: ensure that the working team, the Carbon leadership team, and the partner leadership team are aware of status, next steps, and upcoming decision points.
- Escalate effectively: distill key development issues for the joint leadership team and present vetted options for moving forward.
- Support senior executives in key partnerships
- Support senior executives in internal projects
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Degree in engineering, finance / business preferred. Interdisciplinary or dual degree a plus.
- Proven ability to work with senior leadership, sales & marketing, product, and operations teams is required. Experience in program management is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Adapt at long range strategic planning and driving cross functional alignment
- Extremely detail-oriented with a nose for sniffing out cross-team dependencies
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to work with unknowns and ambiguity
- Comfort with creating or improving processes to improve efficiency
- Comfort in working cross culturally and time zones with international teams
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent Keynote and Excel skills
- Japanese, Chinese, German, Spanish speaker preferred
- Experience working abroad (Asia, Europe, Latin America) preferred
- Experience as a city launcher or regional manager preferred
- Experience in corporate strategy, consulting, or banking preferred
- Experience in a regulated environment preferred