Materials Development Technician
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
We are looking for a materials technician to support 3D printing production jobs with novel materials for our 3D printing platform. Materials are at the core of what we do. Our materials are used for applications such as prototyping, dental, biomedical, automotive, aerospace, footwear, investment casting, and many more. This position will play a critical role as part of a cohesive and high-energy team, in ensuring the robustness and consistency of our material under production condition, as well as in trouble shooting any material related issues occurred in production.
The successful candidate will follow established SOPs for material testing and ensure that a high level of testing throughput is reached and maintained. In addition, candidates for this position must have some background in polymer/materials chemistry as well as characterization techniques, and hands on experiences working in a chemistry lab
- Validate consistency of key raw materials in resins, and help to set specs for raw materials
- Test incoming batches of resins to validate consistency, and trouble-shoot for causes leading to variations
- Test robustness of resin formulations including high/low temperature stability and long term storage stability
- Help validate production condition (printing as well as post processing) to reach target material properties, and target QC specs for the final product
- Participate in formulation and scale-up of developed products
- Print formulations to understand how printing parameters, liquid and cured properties of resin affect the final outcome of the product.
- BS or associate degree with work experience in Polymer, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or an appropriate equivalent
- Hands on experience with material characterization, and attention to details
- Experience with UV-curing chemistry and/or polyurethane chemistry is preferred
- Experience with analyzing, tracking and presenting data in an organized manner.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment, handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Safety conscious individual who actively promotes safe behavior in the department and takes responsibility for safe lab operations