Production Scaling Program Manager
We are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping and create value-added, cost effective end-to-end manufacturing solutions.
Our mission is to reinvent how polymeric products are designed and digitally manufactured toward a sustainable future.
Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Scaling new manufacturing processes is hard. Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, Production Scaling Program Management at Carbon, derives success from aligning Carbon with Product Companies, who design and sell products, and Contract Manufacturers, who make them. The role relies on the successful coordination of global manufacturing, sales, engineering, chemistry, and service team members both at our company and our customers. Carbon is looking for cross-functional Program Managers to lead a highly visible & important program centered around the world’s largest-to-date, mass-produced additively manufactured product.
- Plan the program: Quickly and effectively translate high level objectives into well-reasoned plans with appropriate milestones & performance metrics. Provide work direction and general project management including scope, schedule and resource planning.
- Drive program execution while identifying and mitigating risks: Own overall operations execution while collaborating with customers. Monitor progress and act to steer program to meet operational, financial, and technical goals. Seek out mitigations and resolutions to risk and other project dependencies. Make real-time decisions to minimize downstream and business impacts.
- Drive broader decision making: Distill key developments within the project for executive consumption. Perform effective and efficient analyses and instigate decisions that deliver results.
- Lead the team: Provide team leadership through influence and example. Maintain team focus on achieving project deliverables and milestones. Bring energy and thoughtful guidance to all natures of problem solving.
- Communicate: Promote effective and efficient information flow between functions, and across organizational levels, to maintain continuous awareness and alignment of status, decisions, and course of action.
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic programs with proven ability to multitask, manage a plan, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems.
- Detail and action-oriented with a knack for corralling cross-functional teams around plans and priorities.
- Possess strong emotional intelligence, facilitative leadership and communication skills: model calm, poised leadership in entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, able to take ambiguous situations and add structure and clarity for the team
- Self-motivated in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficiency in analytical and reporting tools (MS Excel, Tableau).
- BS or MS in a technical discipline with professional work experience in a technical field