Global Material Planner
Manufacturing & Supply Chain – Supply Chain Management
Working at the intersection of hardware, software and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
We are currently looking for an experienced Supply Planner to manage execution of Carbon’s global resin supply chain. This key role, based at our headquarters in Redwood City, California, is integral to our Sales and Operations Planning processes, managing supply of both new and sustaining products to meet customer demand.
- Drive resin supply to achieve customer satisfaction and grow sales aligned with the company strategy. Work with R&D, Resin Process Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to understand product roadmaps, operational requirements and growth initiatives.
- Accountable for supply service level, fulfillment lead-time and inventory health. Drive Sales and Operations Planning for Resin supply chain across company functions.
- Use enterprise resource planning (ERP) tools, and specifically MRP functionality, to drive resin materials planning and procurement execution. Ensure supporting Master Data (BOM, item attributes, safety stock, lead-time, etc.) is managed to support systemic supply management.
- Conduct capacity and performance analyses to ensure that forecasts and schedules are aligned and integrated. Conduct risk assessments (e.g., product and raw material lifetime, supply trends, demand factors and at-risk product mitigation). Reduce product obsolescence through inventory reviews and re-balancing efforts. Maintain a total cost perspective with a lean manufacturing mindset.
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly reports to provide stakeholders with actionable data and insights regarding current and projected supply levels and key risks.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and distributors. Manage day to day operational interactions with suppliers, and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews – in partnership with internal partners – with key suppliers.
- Measure and evaluate supplier performance by key metrics including on-time delivery and quality.
- Collaborate with logistics and suppliers regarding shipment details, including dates, documents, packaging, freight service level and cost, incoterms, and custom clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field; and at least three years previous related working experience in supply chain roles; global operational experience strongly preferred.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills. Driven to collaborate and build lasting relationships with others in order to identify problems and find solutions.
- Must have experience in material planning and procurement, including MRP planning using enterprise systems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Proficiency working with spreadsheets and data analytics, along with the ability to communicate results effectively to a diverse audience. Critical thinker with problem-solving drive and skills. Attention to detail.
- Action-oriented, strong sense of ownership and geared to continuous improvement.