Sr. Tableau Developer
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Carbon is looking to hire an amazing Tableau Developer. You will use your experience with Tableau to work closely with business leaders to understand their requirements and build visualizations that drive their data drive approach to business decisions. The Tableau Developer will work on developing and delivering Tableau dashboards, reports to board and other business leaders. The individual will also manage and track end user requests and troubleshoot Tableau issues.
- Design, build, maintain and deploy complex reports in Tableau using a variety of data sources
- Work with complex datasets
- Take dashboard requirements and transfer into rapidly developed prototypes and working solutions
- Deliver outstanding analytical and problem solutions
- Quickly learn and adopt new technologies
- Develop detailed data mapping and end-to-end process flows
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse teams around data and table structures to optimize for Tableau
- Define, execute and interpret complex/nested SQL queries
- 4+ years experience with Tableau Desktop and Server including troubleshooting issues
- Knowledge of best practices in data visualization and Business Intelligence
- Experience working with various data sources and knowledge of Tableau data source design for optimization
- Experience developing and delivering Tableau training, managing and tracking end user requests and troubleshooting Tableau issues
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with both business users and technical teams
- Experience working in Agile development practices and creating quick prototypes
- Strong T-SQL Query experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Nice to have:
- Proficient with Python, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and other analytics applications
- Tableau Certification highly desired
- Experience with NoSQL backends