Senior Front End Software Engineer
Product & Software – Engineering -- Software
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
Carbon is looking to hire an amazing engineer to help build our customer-facing software, primarily focused on a a single-page browser application that enables users to visualize, manipulate, and print complex 3D digital models. You'd be working with a small team on modern technologies, using interesting algorithms and data structures not normally seen in typical "front-end" Web apps. Depending on your interests, you'd also get to work on complementary back-end technologies in different languages, both on single-machine and cloud configurations.
- Push the limits of browser performance to provide a great user experience. We render and process models with millions of triangles in under a second.
- Work closely with a small team or engineers, product management, and UX/UI designers to architect, design, and implement user interfaces that delight our customers.
- Mentor, educate, and support those around you, as well as being mentored by other engineers.
- Strong experience with HTTP, HTML, CSS and web security concepts.
- Experience with a modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue) -- we use React.
- Experience and passion in building beautiful and complex web applications.
- Strong communication, debugging, and problem solving skills.
Nice to have
- Experience using three.js.
Carbon is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. Even if you do not think you meet 100% of the job requirements, we encourage you to apply.