We are a team of passionate entrepreneurs, engineers, programmers, and materials scientists who value creativity and the ability to get things done. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. Diversity – in its many forms – drives innovation. Teams composed of people who bring different perspectives and approaches to the table allow us to innovate much faster. Whether in hardware, software, or molecular science, we bring the best experts together to move our technology forward.
We are seeking a technician to work with our Manufacturing team at Carbon. You'll perform a number of different tasks all centered around helping us increase our manufacturing speed and volume while maintaining our quality standards.
This role is for 6 month contract.
- Perform mechanical assembly tasks in accordance with documented manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Perform test and measurement operations in accordance with documented manufacturing processes and procedures
- Perform functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including set-up and calibration tasks, rework and quality testing related to the production sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.
- Determine and assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
- Help to document requirements for new products and processes
- Work with engineers in conducting experiments
- Experience with assembly and test tasks for high tech electro-mechanical products.
- Knowledge of how to use basic tools such as: torque wrench, multi-meter
- Experience with handling inventory beneficial
- Ability to work to production schedules with minimal supervision
- Able to use a computer to run test programs and record data, given instruction.
- Discipline in recording important information such as test data and serial numbers.