Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study will come together to solve intractable problems. We have a vision of inventing a technology that will change industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. We pride ourselves in developing an environment where we all can teach, learn, and grow together.
We are seeking a multi-faceted and motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help us design new products and support our 3D printer in manufacturing. In this role, you will be joining an existing team of mechanical, hardware, and software engineers to design, build out, and test various 3D printing prototypes and accessories collaboratively to prepare for shipment to our customers.
- Conceptualize mechanical designs.
- Perform engineering analysis of parts and assemblies that can include: stress, fatigue, lifetime, manufacturability, failure modes, and cost.
- Collaborate directly with cross functional team to specify system requirements, implement designs, and troubleshoot issues.
- Create and maintain documentation to enable effective knowledge transfer throughout the company.
- Identify appropriate vendors and build initial relationships for prototype procurement.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- 5+ years experience taking mechanical designs successfully from concept to production.
- Proficiency in with Solidworks or similar CAD software.
Carbon is an equal opportunity employer.