Production Partnerships Sales Manager, Europe
Carbon, a Silicon Valley-based additive manufacturing company, is revolutionizing how people design, engineer, make and deliver products. By combining advancements in hardware, software, and materials science, Carbon is creating a new category of industrial 3D manufacturing.
About the role:
As a Production Partnership Sales Manager your primary responsibility will be to identify service bureaus and contract manufacturers to partner with in order to stimulate greater widespread adoption and use of our solution. This role will report directly into the European Production Partnerships Manager (who is based in Germany). We view Production Partners as extensions of Carbon and focus on key focus areas to ensure success using Carbon’s technology and materials for prototyping and more importantly for production. Carbon has a subscription selling model which provides for a three-year relationship with our company rather than one-time only sales. A successful selling effort requires in depth knowledge of traditional and additive manufacturing methods, the ability to build advocates within current and prospective accounts, strong solution selling skills, and tenacity to navigate a complex capital equipment sales process.
This role can be based anywhere in Europe, but the preference is Germany.
- Analyze Carbon sales stats and build strategies for accelerating sales
- Effectively and independently deliver the Carbon3D company story, value proposition, and product demonstrations
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account/territory business plan to drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Ability to manage pipeline and forecasting for a territory
- Prepare, inspect and manage proposals, quotes and contracts
- Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop long-term strategic relationships positioning with key accounts
- Managing all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management
- Partner with internal organizations including finance, legal, engineering and product to achieve Carbon corporate objectives
- 5+ years of B2B outside sales
- Ideal candidate will have experience with capital equipment such as injection molding or other additive manufacturing technologies (this is a plus)
- Strong ability to close sales, manage accurate pipeline and forecast within CRM
- Independent, self-disciplined and possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Willing to travel more than 40% of the time
Nice to have:
- Experience using Carbon technologies