Field Service Engineer, Advanced Development
Manufacturing & Supply Chain – Field Operations
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study must come together to solve intractable problems. We have grand ambitions to create technology that will influence industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. Help us change the world and we will help you change yours.
The Customer Success team works to ensure that customers love and can count on us and our products. We are held accountable to ensure customers are successful and their Carbon assets have high uptime. This Field Service Engineering role will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining and repairing equipment at our Redwood City facility and the Advanced Development Facility in Santa Clara. This role requires an individual to be self-sufficient and highly motivated to ensure high operational uptime. FSEs must also be detailed oriented and be able to communicate findings to various teams throughout the organization. This role reports to the Field Services Manager and will work closely with other roles working at the Advanced Development Facility. Carbon is a dynamic work environment and FSEs will need to be flexible with shift hours and adapt to dynamic business with ever changing needs and priorities.
- Frequent travel to and from Advanced Development Facility and the Redwood City facility to perform onside equipment installs, maintenance, upgrades, and root cause failure analysis
- Debug systems and perform diagnostics on failures by reviewing data logged by our product
- Provide technical support to minimize downtime
- Recognize trends and patterns in failures and provide feedback to development team to drive future designs
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and those countermeasures are in place
- Continued development of the diagnostics knowledge base to be used for future troubleshooting
- Availability for occasional off-hours calls and work
- Availability for domestic and International travels, if needed
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- BS in engineering field preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills, with hands-on approach
- Ability to read electrical schematic and mechanical drawings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills with mechanical/electrical systems
- 5-10 years in technical service role experience
- Personal car required
- U.S. passport required
Carbon is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. Even if you do not think you meet 100% of the job requirements, we encourage you to apply.