Arts District, Los Angeles, CA /
Interested in working with a groundbreaking company that’s focused on decarbonizing the atmosphere?
Founded in 2019, CarbonCapture is a California-based climate tech company that makes modular machines that can be connected in large arrays to capture massive amounts of CO2 directly from the atmosphere. CarbonCapture was created at Idealab, a leading technology incubator.
The Project Manager will be the key liaison between Carbon Capture and the EPC contractors - working under the direction of our VP of Projects.
- Actively manage multiple projects across a diverse portfolio of clean technology projects and a broad scope including technical, commercial, legal and operability of each project
- Ensure EHS performance during execution phase of projects meets, preferably exceeds, company set targets and regulatory requirements
- Apply best industry practices to ensure optimal delivery of projects and lessons learned opportunities are realized
- Manage projects internally and externally to ensure successful delivery with regard to schedule, budget, scope, and stakeholder satisfaction
- Steward and prepare the materials for a stage gate process to obtain project approvals
- Lead a project delivery team to provide internal technical and commercial due diligence on the work product provided by the EPC contractors
- Ensure the constructability, operability, and maintainability of the project is considered in the design stages
- Oversee planning, scheduling, quality, budget, cost, execution safety, risk and delivery of multiple projects
- Manage a diverse stakeholder base including Government departments, JV Partners, Investors and internal Sponsors to ensure all deliverables are met
- Develop internal systems and processes with regards to document management, project execution & reporting, risk, cost and operability
- Develop project execution plan, schedules, deliverables, milestones and KPI’s involving all project stakeholders and manage them through project execution lifecycle
- Regularly review project documentation and performance data for early identification of risk and propose solutions
- Lead the development of operations manuals and structures including SWP, SOP, EHS policies, and COW
- Manage the transition of the project from commissioning and start-up with an efficient handover to the Operations team
Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the delivery of large-scale EPC projects, relevant experience in Power, Oil and Gas, Infrastructure or Clean Tech space is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, or appropriate field of study
- Experience of managing the full project lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Experience in managing complex project structures and divisions of responsibility across multiple vendors, consultants, stakeholders, financing partners and technology licensors
- A solid commercial understanding of contractual terms within the EPC and technology licensing sector
- Excellent client-facing skills and the ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking across various projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate, Prince II or similar qualification
- Experience of Operations or Maintenance in an industrial, power, gas processing or refining facility
- Experience with new technology development or deployment
Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation from CarbonCapture.