Senior Development Chemist
Arts District, Los Angeles, CA /
Technology Development /
Interested in working with a groundbreaking company that’s focused on decarbonizing the atmosphere?
Founded in 2019, CarbonCapture is a California-based climate tech company that makes modular machines that can be connected in large arrays to capture massive amounts of CO2 directly from the atmosphere. CarbonCapture was created at Idealab, a leading technology incubator.
The Senior Development Chemist will work with the Sorbent development & characterization team to help initiate development and synthesis on new sorbent development for DAC. Often this will involve characterization and data analysis of various instruments such as TGA, or FTIR, or other relevant devices. This work will include analyzing samples, conducting various laboratory/process tests and creating detailed reports.
- Conducting synthesis of various sorbents in lab scale for DAC application.
- Characterizing sorbents (internal or external) using analytical instruments as required.
- Collecting and interpreting test data according to internal protocols.
- Generating detailed laboratory reports summarizing research and development efforts.
- Developing related test methods to understand and model sorbent failure modes based on CCI DAC process and lead external analyses when necessary.
- Assist in setting up the synthesis lab reaction instruments
- Providing technical support for the laboratory instruments and processing equipment.
- Maintaining a secure clean and safe work environment.
- Carrying out other related tasks and projects as required.
- B.S. or M.S. in bench chemistry, or related field with at least 5 years of industrial experiences in the similar role
- Prior experience with Analytical instruments (such as TGA, FTIR, 3-FLEX, XRD, …) is preferred.
- Proven experience and background on synthesis of porous sorbents (Zeolite, Amine-based sorbents, MOFs)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and data presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of initiative.
- Interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships.
- Prior experience with synthesis of porous solid sorbents for CO2 capture
- Prior experience with sorbent characterization instruments maintenance and calibration (TGA, FTIR, XRD, DVS, 3-Flex, ..)
- Prior experience with carbon capture technologies
Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation from CarbonCapture.