RN / LVN / Paramedic: 3-Month Term (Bay Area Collection Site)
San Francisco, CA /
Clinic Support – Nursing /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
We are in the midst of the biggest public health crisis of our lives where every aspect of the way we live is affected. Carbon Health has been at the forefront of the Covid-19 response in California, including the launch of a public testing partnership with local and state Departments of Public health and Color Genomics in order to bring free testing directly to communities, effectively minimising barriers that often prevent folks from accessing healthcare.
We are searching for an experienced RN / LVN / Paramedic who is comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment. Tasks include explaining the procedure, conducting nasal swab Covid-19 testing, providing follow-up care instructions, running and processing specimens, injections/vaccinations, and other tasks within the nursing / paramedic scope of practice.
We need your help to address Covid-19! Join our amazing, caring team that supports many communities that have limited access to healthcare. You can make a difference!
What You'll Do
- Collect data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation
- Performs nasopharyngeal, anterior nasal, and oropharyngeal swab specimen collections
- Delegate elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer and other key partners in the conduct of nursing and paramedic practice
- Ensure sanitary environment by overseeing implementation of infection control best practices
- Contribute to quality nursing and paramedic practice
- Evaluate one's own and others nursing and paramedic practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible
- Practice in an ethical, environmentally safe, and healthy manner
- Set up and break down testing sites
- Current California RN, LVN, or Certified Paramedic license in good standing; Current Basic Life Support certification; Current CPR certification
- RN / LVN: Graduate from an accredited school; BS degree in Nursing preferred
- 1+ years clinical experience as a RN or LVN performing relatable medical care or 2+ years experience as a Paramedic
- Proficient with injections and comfortable with all age ranges
- Reliable team player, who over communicates and takes extreme ownership in her/his work. You will be trusted to work with minimal supervision and we are counting on you to deliver thoughtful, compassionate patient care
- Comfortable with change. The pandemic has brought about a new meaning to the term “flexible.” The pandemic is driving where we are needed so you will need to be comfortable with flexible hours and changes in locations
- Process oriented in order to ensure infection control and patient safety
- You’re someone who always shows up when and where you are needed
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; flexibility with availability
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Ability to drive up to different locations (parking, mileage, lodging, and food reimbursed if overnight stay is required) and always punctual. Punctual - to be early is to be on time and to be ontime is to be late
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Full-time and part-time employees who work 20+ hours a week: Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), Flexible Spending Account Medical, Flexible Spending Account Dependent Care and other great benefits
- Per Diem employees: 401K with matching contribution and Pre-Tax benefits including Commuter (transit and parking)
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.