Licensed Practical Nurse: Part-Time (COVID Pop-up) Saturday & Sunday
Brooklyn, NY /
Clinic Support – Nursing /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
More than ever before, we value and need YOU: Experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) that wants to make a difference in the world as we face COVID-19. Provides appropriate care to patients and their families in a compassionate and professional manner, within the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) scope of practice as outlined in Carbon Health’s policies and procedures. This role will be at our Carbon Health Cloud Clinics located in Brooklyn, NY.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position is responsible for providing exceptional care to our Carbon Health Cloud Clinic patients. We have modernized our approach to healthcare by bringing care to the patient and employers in our community.
This is a fast-paced role that calls for leadership qualities, the ability to multitask, think outside the box and work independently. This role is Full-time. Clinic hours will be 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM. May change due to business needs.
We are looking for someone who is patient focused, empathetic and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
We need your help to address Covid-19! Join our amazing, caring team that supports many communities that have limited access to healthcare. You can make a difference!
Work days are Mon & Tues to start, moving to Sat - Sun.
What You'll Do
- Collect data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation
- Perform nasopharyngeal, anterior nasal, and oropharyngeal swab specimen collections
- Phlebotomy: Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups and processes specimens following established procedures and techniques
- Delegate elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer and other key partners in the conduct of nursing practice
- Contribute to quality nursing practice
- Evaluate one's own and others nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible
- Practice in an ethical, environmentally safe, and healthy manner
- Current New York LPN license in good standing
- Graduation from an accredited school Current Basic Life Support certification
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) in an acute care setting or primary care
- Proficient with phlebotomy
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Flexible with availability
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.