Medical Intake Staff: Full-Time (Pop-Up Clinic)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Clinic Support – Medical Receptionist /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
CHANGING THE FACE OF HEALTHCARE ONE CLINIC AT A TIME
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, our clinical staff has been on the frontlines, going in and testing communities who have limited access to care. Now with the introduction of our new pop-up clinics, we’ll be able to treat even more patients in more communities across the country. By expanding access to as many people as possible we can keep everyone safe, healthy, and hopeful for a brighter future. These state-of-the-art pop-up clinics may not look like your average doctors’ office but they function like one.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Do you enjoy helping people heal? Are you looking to take on a few extra shifts on your schedule? Join our growing team of pop-up clinicians. We are looking for registered nurses and receptionists for each pop-up clinic in various cities across the country. Carbon Health currently operates in California, Washington, and New York, with plans to have pop-up clinics in all 50 states by the end of the year. The Medical Receptionist position is responsible for greeting and registering patients as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
The Medical Receptionist position is responsible for greeting and registering patients as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience. This position is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career in health care. This is a fast-paced role that calls for the ability to multi-task, think on your feet and work independently. We are looking for someone who is customer focused, empathetic and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
What You'll Do
- Be the first and last interaction with our patients
- Greeting patients and acting as a resource
- Schedule patients through different modalitiesIntroduce the Carbon app to patients
- Verify insurance and collect copayments
- Administrative work such as writing referrals and preparing lab paperwork
- Work collaboratively on projects with clinical leadership to enhance the patient experience
- Familiarity of Apple products, including iPads and Mac desktops
- The ability to remain focused and calm during stressful situations
- Typing 50+ WPM
- Great communication skills
- Comfortability working independently and autonomouslyExperience and familiarity with medical insurance (understanding of costs, deductibles, copays, coverage) preferred
- 2+ years of medical reception experience
- Open to working weekends and holidays as needed
- Forward-thinking, transparent, collaboration and inclusive company culture
- Full-time and part-time employees who work 20+ hours a week: Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), Flexible Spending Account Medical, Flexible Spending Account Dependent Care and other great benefits
- Per Diem employees: 401K with matching contribution and Pre-Tax benefits including Commuter (transit and parking)
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.