District Practice Manager, San Jose, CA
Operations – Clinic Management /
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what's possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
We are looking for a District Practice Manager who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment and is impassioned by the opportunity to manage teams who are directly impacting our patient’s health. As a member of the Leadership Team, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and a growth mindset to ensure operational performance and clinical excellence within your clinics. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing and innovative technology-focused healthcare organization.
As a District Practice Manager, you will oversee two to three clinics and have responsibility for all aspects of clinic operational performance, including clinical, patient service, and financial outcomes. You will drive business performance by leading the clinic teams, managing financial outcomes, and supporting patient retention and growth through effective operations.
Location: South Bay (San Jose Market Park, San Pedro, Santan Row, and Almaden Ranch).
What You'll Do:
- Build and foster an environment of excellence by managing Clinic Staff and developing a high-performing team/culture while establishing a clear direction of accountability for day-to-day operations, objectives, and strategic goals
- Maintain strong ties and leadership alignment with partner Clinician Manager to ensure clinical teams are delivering high-quality clinical outcomes
- Oversight of HR and payroll policies and procedures for the region, including proactive recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, timecards, payroll, and performance management
- Accountable for driving the financial performance and P&L oversight by ensuring the budgeted productivity, labor, and other expenses are achieved
- Liaison with the property management company and partnering hospital for each site
- Maintain an environment that complies with all state and federal regulations, including HIPAA
- Manage and troubleshoot office services (internet, IT equipment, electronic devices, printers, phones, and other equipment)
- Lead the logistics and community outreach on the new clinic setup before opening
- Represent Carbon Health at local events and maintain relationships with local vendors
- Track record of developing and coaching staff to achieve strategic objectives and maintain accountability
- Prior experience with process improvements and successful track record in leading healthcare operations for up to 3 locations
- Excellent leadership, and communication skills
- Work well with clinical and administrative staff and clinicians
- Strong organizational, analytics, and multi-tasking skills and ability to be calm during stressful situations
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Possesses the ability to build strong, trusting relationships at all levels within the organization; Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, and paid holidays
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions, FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development through Udemy Business
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.