Regional Medical Director - Central Region
Tucson, AZ /
Physicians – Clinician Management /
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what's possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
We are seeking a Regional Medical Director who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment and is impassioned by the opportunity to manage clinical teams who are directly impacting our patient’s health. As a member of the Leadership Team, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, and a growth-mindset to ensure operational performance and clinical excellence within your region.
Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing and innovative technology-focused healthcare organization. The Regional Medical Director will be responsible for overseeing the clinical care of up to 10 districts and then will grow your span as our business scales. You will drive clinical performance by leading the Clinic Medical Directors, managing clinical outcomes, and supporting patient retention and growth through effective operations.
What You'll Do
- Clinical (1 shift/week):
- Conduct thorough history taking and physical examinations
- Craft patient-centric, evidence-based workups and treatment plans
- Treat undifferentiated adult and pediatric patients
- Interpret x-rays, lab results, and ECGs
- Triage and manage patient flow efficiently to minimize wait times
- Perform bedside procedures, including but not limited to laceration repairs, suture/staple removal, incision & drainage, foreign body removal, large joint aspirations, digital blocks, nail removal, joint reductions, splinting, venipuncture, intravenous fluid administration
- Lead day-to-day operations for your team of medical assistants and support staff
- Set the tone and direction of the culture in clinics and amongst the leadership team
- Implement initiatives that effectively support and meet clinic, regional, organizational, and regulatory goals through strong analytical capabilities, process improvement, and technology enhancements
- Maintain strong understanding of clinical and operational metrics and lead teams in actualizing plans to achieve quality patient care and clinician engagement
- Encourage agility, transparency and autonomous decision making within teams
- Serve as a mentor and coach a team of Clinic Medical Directors to drive continuous improvement
- Monitor performance against budget and take action to improve performance through revenue generation and expense control
- Participate in site selection and growth planning for your region
- BC/BE MD/DO in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine
- 2+ years of leadership experience managing clinical teams and care programs
- Ability to adapt, connect, and motivate a diverse team
- Passion for relationship-driven, patient-partnered care
- Ability to connect and deliver care to patients of all backgrounds
- Commitment to leadership development and lifelong learning of evidence-based medicine
- Ability to learn and use technology to manage the patient care
- Desire to provide input to build a new and exciting model for healthcare delivery
- Ability to promote a respectful, transparent, positive team environment
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development access through Udemy Business
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.