Medical Director, Primary Care
San Francisco, CA /
Clinicians – In-Clinic /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
We are currently seeking an exceptional Primary Care Medical Director. You will ensure delivery of care connected to Carbon Health’s mission, vision, values and goals, along with strategic efforts to build and nurture an innovative, high value care model. You will blend your love of patient care with your leadership by constructing care delivery models, quality programs, and its integration with technology. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers, and operational experts who are all committed to exceptional patient care to build out Carbon Health’s primary care program. Headquarters is based in San Francisco, but as we expand across the nation, this position can be remote with some travel requirements up to 20%.
What You'll Do
- Establish vision for a patient- and provider-focused Primary Care program
- Build a team of primary care physicians and advanced practice clinicians
- Create care programs and pathways to consistently deliver quality care across all clinics
- Manage care for patients and move towards a value based care model
- Provide excellent preventive and proactive primary care to adults (1 shift/week)
- Mentors and supervises the Clinician Managers and clinicians to optimize the quality of care, patient experience, staff experience, access, and value of care
- California licensed physician, BC/BE MD/DO in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- 8+ years post-residency direct patient care and clinical experience in a primary care environment
- 3+ years of experience as a Medical Director of primary care or medical group
- Proven performer in transforming primary care and performance improvement
- Leadership experience managing clinical teams and care programs
- Passionate about a transformation in healthcare
- A strong believer that patients should have greater access to their healthcare team, to their own health information, and a greater ability to make informed decisions about their care
- Excited to build a new and exciting model for healthcare delivery
- Excellent at building successful and respectful relationships with the entire team
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits
- Free access to care at Carbon Health for you and your family
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.