Clinic Lead Medical Assistant - Urgent Care
Davie, FL /
Clinic Support – Lead /
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what's possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
We are searching for a Clinic Lead who is primarily responsible for overseeing the clinic team and staff at Carbon facilities at the Campbell Urgent Care Clinic. The Clinic Lead is expected to perform the typical duties of their role as Support Staff or Medical Assistant while maintaining leadership qualities and assisting the Practice Manager with day-to-day management and supervision.
Clinic Lead duties and responsibilities We are looking for someone with availability and flexibility to work weekdays, weekends and some holidays.
Location: 4825 SW 148th Ave, Davie, FL 33331
Schedule: Full-Time 30+ hours with alternating weekends
Hours of Operation: 9am - 7pm
What You’ll Do
- Foster an environment of teamwork by leading Clinic Staff and developing a high-performing team/culture while establishing clear direction of accountability for day-to-day operations
- Work collaboratively with Practice Manager to develop HR and payroll policies and procedures, including proactive recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, timecards, payroll, and performance management for the clinic
- Track record of developing and coaching staff to achieve success within clinical teams
- Maintain strong-ties and leadership alignment with Leadership to ensure clinical teams are delivering high-quality clinical outcomes including
- Manage administrative and clinical supplies
- Leading staff huddles and departmental meetings
- Proactively communicates all pertinent information to Practice Manager
- Audit EHR charts to oversee proper charting and imaging are being performed
- Responsible for clinic administrative responsibilities as outlined:
- Liaison with property management company and/or partnering hospital for each clinic
- Maintain an environment that complies with all state and federal regulations including HIPAA
- Manage and troubleshoot office services (internet, IT equipment, electronic devices, printers, phones and other equipment)
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience, leadership and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Possesses the ability to build strong, trusting relationships at all levels within the organization; Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Current CPR-BLS
- Certification from a National board OR an accredited institution as a Medical Assistant.
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, company provided high quality scrubs
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development through Udemy Business
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.