Medical Coding Specialist
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Operations – Billing /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
The Job at a Glance
This role will be responsible for reviewing medical record documentation for accurately assigning diagnostic and procedural coding relative to revenue and reimbursement for all encounters associated with Carbon Health entities. This will also include translating patient information into alpha-numeric medical codes using patient treatment, health history, diagnosis, and related information. ICD-10-CM and CPT code assignments must be consistent with CMS’ Official Guidelines and any regulatory agency guidelines.
We will look to your knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 coding guidelines, compliance and professional billing practices; including knowledge of Evaluation and Management Guidelines to coordinate with Coding Leadership to identify provider education and revenue opportunities.
What You'll Do
- Complete accountable work related to pended charges in work queue review to ensure timely billing in conjunction with billing and compliance guidelines
- Select correct code assignment by proficient analysis and translation of diagnostic statements, physician’s orders, and other pertinent documentation
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines and regulatory guidance; including responsibility for maintaining current coding certification status
- Participates in process improvement assignments and other duties as assigned in coordination with billing for documentation review as needed for re-bill and appeals
- 4+ years coding experience, billing for professional services, and related experience
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent experience may be substituted
- Current AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification
- Expertise of Coding and Billing Guidelines for multiple specialties
- Technical knowledge and skills of electronic medical records
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.