Medical Intake Staff: 3-Month Term (Bay Area COVID Collection Site)
San Francisco, CA /
Clinic Support – Medical Receptionist /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
We are in the midst of the biggest public health crisis of our lives where every aspect of the way we live is affected. Carbon Health has been at the forefront of the Covid-19 response in California, including the launch of a public testing partnership with local and state Departments of Public health and Color Genomics in order to bring free testing directly to communities, effectively minimising barriers that often prevent folks from accessing healthcare.
The Medical Intake Staff position is responsible for greeting, registering or checking in patients as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience. As Medical Intake, you are the gate-keeper of the testing site, which is often people’s first interactions with the healthcare system during the pandemic, therefore it is imperative that you cultivate a welcoming and safe environment for those seeking help.
We need your help to address Covid-19! Join our amazing, caring team that supports many communities that have limited access to healthcare. You can make a difference!
San Francisco and surrounding counties - Must be able to travel up to 200 miles.
What You'll Do
- You are the gate-keeper of the of the testing site, serving as the the first and last interaction with our patients
- Patient registration and enrollment
- Administrative work such as preparing lab paperwork and assisting with charts, both in an electronic and paper format
- Set up and break down testing sites
- Drive company van to testing sites and regional hub
- Reliable team player, who over communicates and takes extreme ownership in her/his work. You will be trusted to work with minimal supervision and we are counting on you to deliver thoughtful, compassionate patient care
- Tech savvy: Familiarity of Apple products, specifically iPads; Familiarity with Chromebooks
- Comfortable troubleshooting with connectivity issuesComfortable with change. The pandemic has brought about a new meaning to the term “flexible.” The pandemic is driving where we are needed so you will need to be comfortable with flexible hours and changes in locations.
- Process oriented in order to ensure infection control and patient safety
- Prior healthcare or customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
- You’re someone who always shows up when and where you are needed
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; flexibility with availability
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Ability to drive up to different locations (parking, mileage, lodging, and food reimbursed if overnight stay is required) and always punctual. Punctual - to be early is to be ontime and to be ontime is to be late.
- Additional language skills are helpful - Spanish speakers preferred
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.