Supervising Physician - Urgent Care (Per Diem)
Milwaukee, WI /
Advanced Practice Clinicians – Urgent Care /
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
Carbon Health is looking for a per diem Supervising Physician to join a growing community of healthcare providers in delivering compassionate, evidence-based care. You will enjoy flexible scheduling working in-clinic as a per diem physician at minimum 2 shifts per month with the remainder of the time providing supervision remotely.
The Mayfair Collection - 11415 W. Burleigh St. Suite #103, Wauwatosa, WI 53222
What You'll Do
- Work in-clinic 2 shifts per month
- Be available for messaging or phone consultations (usually between 8am-8pm) for urgent care or primary care cases from Advanced Practice Clinicians (not patients) within 15 minutes of request. No need to be present in clinic for consultations.
- Conduct monthly or quarterly in-person or virtual visits with Advanced Practice Clinicians as needed per state guidelines to provider individualized feedback and teaching based on consultations and chart reviews
- Review and sign 5% of charts as listed in your task list each day you are on call (signatures are expected within 72 hours of shift)
- Review and sign 100% of charts for which controlled substances were prescribed or administered (signatures are expected within 72 hours of shift)
- Provide chart reviews as mandated by individual state legislation
- Escalate any concerns to the Clinician Manager or Regional Clinical Director
- Wisconsin licensed physician and BC/BE MD/DO in Family Medicine, Med/Peds, or Emergency Medicine
- Urgent care procedural skills
- Passion for relationship-driven, human-centered care with the ability to connect and deliver care to patients of all backgrounds
- Commitment to lifelong learning of evidence-based medicine
- Desire to provide input to build a new and exciting model for healthcare delivery
- Ability to promote a respectful, transparent, positive team environment
No direct/indirect agency solicitations please. Thank you!
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Job Scam Alert! Scammers are sending job scam emails pretending to be recruiters at Carbon Health. These emails are designed to trick candidates into applying for jobs that require candidates to provide personal information and potentially engage in criminal activity. If someone from Carbon Health reaches out to you, we will not keep the conversation on the social platform. Rather, we’ll use the platform to make contact and will move the conversation to phone/email. All Carbon Health emails will have the @carbonhealth.com domain—it will never have any other domain attached to the email address. We will never ask you to do a job interview over Zoom, Messenger, Telegram, Teams or Skype. We use Google Meet only. Additionally, any efforts to make contact through social media or email in regards to a job will also inform you of an open position we have and will direct you to apply directly on our site.
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.